• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

r/Antkeeping was just picked as r/aww's subreddit of the week!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Offline Enderz - Posted April 26 2018 - 8:56 PM

Enderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

I think we can all agree that barristan makes pretty good ant memes, and that all of this really doesnt matter. This is an ant forum, so lets not argue about political views and babble on about "alt-right" and "SJWs" here.

:morning:  :hot:  :hot:  :hot:

Ex igne et in infernum. 

#22 Offline StayLoki - Posted April 26 2018 - 9:02 PM

StayLoki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

I am sorry that you have to view all this but you have to point out tyranny wherever it happens. Even if it is just happening in an ant discord server.

There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice.
Charles de Montesquieu

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry

Sounds like you have this forum monopolized :X

#23 Offline T.C. - Posted April 26 2018 - 9:10 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

^I don't know this website up and down and inside and out.
I asked for your help on an off-topic post about how to delete a post!!!
Sorry I didn't directly pm you, I should have asked someone else.

Talking crap to me and then locking a thread, but not locking or deleting this [censored], like I asked!! is highly inappropriate!

I hope you don't get nominated for re-election

Your one of three things. Ignorant, A troll, or is simply avoiding the point here. I locked that thread because you where complaining about this thread. You said @OP was a "troll or a spammer." We don't need two threads complaining about one topic. That wasn't a post where you could request deletion, and even if it was, this post does not interfere with the rules so I can not delete it. We don't just delete posts because some user is not happy. If it where your post, then it would have been up for discussion.

#24 Offline PerthAntKeeper - Posted April 26 2018 - 9:17 PM

PerthAntKeeper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Tyranny... Lmao. Soulsynapse didn't even call you alt-right, just saying the videos were. 

People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be until they have learnt to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises.

-Lenin

#25 Offline Barristan - Posted April 26 2018 - 9:24 PM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Tyranny... Lmao. Soulsynapse didn't even call you alt-right, just saying the videos were.

Unfortunately, he/she edited it out, before he/she said I was alt-right.

#26 Offline Serafine - Posted April 26 2018 - 9:54 PM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • LocationGermany

I'm really amazed how salty you still are that you got banned for posting extremist, homophobic and pronographic crap with the sole intent to create drama and provoke people on a chat server you were so eager to be a part of that you couldn't even bother to set up your profile picture.

I joined this website to interact with other knowledgeable enthusiasts and I have to see this shiiiit on here?!

Every part of this inappropriate.

You can thank Drew for that who obviously can't be bothered to enforce his own rules (especially #5) as long as people are bashing other parts of the antkeeping community that are not Formiculture (he'll probably move the thread to the offtopic garbage dump soon because that's where people can't see it so everything is fine, who cares about actually moderating a forum, that's far too exhausting).

Edited by Serafine, April 26 2018 - 10:03 PM.

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

#27 Offline Barristan - Posted April 26 2018 - 10:31 PM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Sometimes I think retroactive abortion would be a nice thing to be invented.

#28 Offline T.C. - Posted April 26 2018 - 10:43 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

I'm really amazed how salty you still are that you got banned for posting extremist, homophobic and pronographic crap with the sole intent to create drama and provoke people on a chat server you were so eager to be a part of that you couldn't even bother to set up your profile picture.

I joined this website to interact with other knowledgeable enthusiasts and I have to see this shiiiit on here?!

Every part of this inappropriate.

You can thank Drew for that who obviously can't be bothered to enforce his own rules (especially #5) as long as people are bashing other parts of the antkeeping community that are not Formiculture (he'll probably move the thread to the offtopic garbage dump soon because that's where people can't see it so everything is fine, who cares about actually moderating a forum, that's far too exhausting).

You haven't been on so you really have no idea. But the posts up currently does not break rules and the one that did with an "inappropriate" picture was removed. The thread was in fact "moderated." And I moved the post here so guests could not see it to avoid making you guys look bad since you guys have all the reddit guests with this promotion thing. This was an argument and one we could not just take sides on and remove Barristans posts. And considering what drew has done for the community, i sure as hell wouldn't say that it's too "exhausting" for him.  Rules maybe a little loose, but they where made that way to seperate this forum from all the others that ran more like Nazi camps.

• dermy, Barristan, Enderz and 1 other like this

#29 Offline Serafine - Posted April 27 2018 - 12:31 AM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • LocationGermany

You haven't been on so you really have no idea. But the posts up currently does not break rules and the one that did with an "inappropriate" picture was removed.

Oh, so stuff like this: 

Sometimes I think retroactive abortion would be a nice thing to be invented.

is totally okay to post on Formiculture (y). I will remember then and nail you down on it.

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

#30 Offline Barristan - Posted April 27 2018 - 1:10 AM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts
crazy girl

Edited by Barristan, April 27 2018 - 1:15 AM.

#31 Offline LC3 - Posted April 27 2018 - 1:24 AM

LC3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Well this is now in sandbox anyways so I suppose it won't matter. 

First off, there is not a single rule preventing the advertisement of external ant based groups, association businesses and etc. Although r/antkeeping and discord is definitely not everyone's cup of tea and not everyone share's soul's vision of creating a huge global ant community this post whether you care about it or not does not violate any of the forums' rules.

Soul's post is not breaking rule #4 but also under rule #4 is the statement of: including excessive posting of messages that add little to no value to the topic of conversation. 

So this topic has definitely broken rule #4, it has devolved into a thread of he said she said and baseless assumptions of the other parties' motives. I would also like to point out this thread was in General, meaning myrmecology related discussions only, not the political bias's of people. 

Secondly rule #3 was broken because of the insane toxicity levels on either side specifically with name calling, immediately assuming that anyone is an extremist on either side of the political spectrum, a troll or stupid won't help move the discussion a long and will simply serve to alienate members and escalate the situation, and despite seeming like you are 'calling out' someone or something, in this manner it doesn't contribute much or anything to the conversation and often times fails to get the point you intend across. Also tying to rule #4.

Formiculture was intentionally made with loose rules, I would liken them more to guidelines. It was a reactionary response to the other major English ant forums of the time and their strict and convoluted rules. The point is that even if this thread is acceptable rule wise, does not make the manner the thread was executed inherently productive. Likewise most members on here (including the admin) don't come on here for politics. 

As regards to rule #5 FC doesn't hold jurisdictions outside of this domain, much less so on entire platforms like a discord and reddit which have their own rules. This rule seems to be written as to apply specifically for member on member basis. With the leniency taken to the rules I would assume that it can only be enforceable if the member has went out of his/her way with intent to aggressively and persistently annoy someone personally. Given all of this I'm not sure if Barristan did break rule #5 per FC standards but definitely in direct violation of rule #3.

It's worth pointing out that FC has no anti-inflammatory and defamatory rules. Also with that being said as the post itself does not break any of the rules but all the replies to the thread aren't anything but derailing (and subsequently did break a load of rules), I think the original topic of this thread should be reinstated back onto the forum as another thread. Any bickering about this topic can remain here. 

I am definitely not the only one annoyed by petty inter community drama. Which unlike shipping drama usually doesn't have the slightest thing to do with actual myrmecology.

• dermy and Martialis like this

#32 Offline Barristan - Posted April 27 2018 - 1:30 AM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

That's a good idea LC3 and you have my word that I won't post anything in this new thread as long as you don't attack me in that thread.

To permanently solve this problem you are free to

1. unban me
  2. excuse to me that you unjustified banned me

Edited by Barristan, April 27 2018 - 1:32 AM.

• Enderz likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users