• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Welcome to Lazy Tube - Serafine's Camponotus barbaricus

camponotus camponotus barbaricus lazy tube

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#381 Offline Serafine - Posted May 17 2024 - 1:02 PM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationGermany

May '24

They have some really enormous pupae. Maybe there's going to be more than 1-3 queens this year.

As can be seen by the stripes, they are really well fed.

Edited by Serafine, May 17 2024 - 1:06 PM.

• Karma, ANTdrew, Ernteameise and 1 other like this

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

#382 Offline 100lols - Posted May 22 2024 - 4:52 AM

100lols

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
That’s one spoiled and happy colony. I like your idea with the sticks for the nuptial flights :) love seeing successful Camponotus colonies.

#383 Offline mistrzou - Posted July 2 2024 - 5:39 PM

mistrzou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok, so how long should be winter period for them? What is the best temperature for it? I noticed my colony stagnation and I decided to turn off heating lamp for some time. It's summer time now so probably it won't help alot but when it will be winter time I will keep them in room temperature of about 17-18 celcius meaby this will be enough. If no then I have to think of what to do.

#384 Offline Serafine - Posted July 3 2024 - 1:33 AM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationGermany

Ok, so how long should be winter period for them? What is the best temperature for it? I noticed my colony stagnation and I decided to turn off heating lamp for some time. It's summer time now so probably it won't help alot but when it will be winter time I will keep them in room temperature of about 17-18 celcius meaby this will be enough. If no then I have to think of what to do.

About 3-4 months with temperatures of around 18°C and a few weeks with night time spikes of 15°C or lower should be fine. They don't need 15°C all the time but there should be some weeks with peroids of a few hours per day that go down to that or below (opening the window for a few hours during some time of the day (like when you come home and do stuff in another room for a while) seems to be enough).

Edited by Serafine, July 3 2024 - 1:34 AM.

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: camponotus, camponotus barbaricus, lazy tube

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users