• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

What do you think

formicarium ants perfect cast

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntsGodzilla - Posted Today, 3:41 PM

AntsGodzilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

What do you guys think about this formicarium? It's made from perfect cast in a 10 gallon tank. I am still going to clean/add the final details to it.

IMG-9766.jpg

IMG-9768.jpg

IMG-9767.jpg

I keep:

(angry) Pogonomyrmex Rugosus,
(stubborn) Myrmecocystus Deplisis
Tetramorium Immigrans
Monomorium ergatogyn Journal

And many Carnivorous plants such as:

Dionea (fly trap)                                                                                                                                                        Sarracenia x 'Fiona' ( American Pitcher plant)

Nepenthese ventrata (Tropical Pitcher plant                                                                                                             Pinguicula agnata x emarginata (Butterwort) 

#2 Offline ANTdrew - Posted Today, 4:06 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,803 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
How did you make the chambers? How will you hydrate this?
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#3 Offline AntsGodzilla - Posted Today, 4:32 PM

AntsGodzilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

I'll make nest mates and water towers later. 

I keep:

(angry) Pogonomyrmex Rugosus,
(stubborn) Myrmecocystus Deplisis
Tetramorium Immigrans
Monomorium ergatogyn Journal

And many Carnivorous plants such as:

Dionea (fly trap)                                                                                                                                                        Sarracenia x 'Fiona' ( American Pitcher plant)

Nepenthese ventrata (Tropical Pitcher plant                                                                                                             Pinguicula agnata x emarginata (Butterwort) 

#4 Offline evanmancini2011 - Posted Today, 5:26 PM

evanmancini2011

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationParker Colorado

I think it looks great! Its very impressive on how you casted the formicarium! Great Job!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: formicarium, ants, perfect cast

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)