• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

AntsGodzilla's Monomorium ergatogyna

monomorium ergatogyna journal antsgodzilla

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntsGodzilla - Posted September 21 2024 - 2:02 PM

AntsGodzilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Hi, this is the start of my Monomorium Ergatogyna colony! 
I just caught them today, under a rock in my backyard. 
The reason I didn't capture all of them is because I enjoy watching the chains they form in my yard.

IMG-9732.jpg

IMG-9733.jpg

Edited by AntsGodzilla, September 21 2024 - 2:51 PM.

I keep:

(angry) Pogonomyrmex Rugosus,
(stubborn) Myrmecocystus Deplisis
Tetramorium Immigrans
Monomorium ergatogyn Journal

And many Carnivorous plants such as:

Dionea (fly trap)                                                                                                                                                        Sarracenia x 'Fiona' ( American Pitcher plant)

Nepenthese ventrata (Tropical Pitcher plant                                                                                                             Pinguicula agnata x emarginata (Butterwort) 

#2 Offline AntsGodzilla - Posted September 21 2024 - 4:58 PM

AntsGodzilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Here is my first ever diy formicarium, and here are the ants in it 

[url=https://postimg.cc/94bwvJ17][/urlScreenshot-2024-09-21-5-59-07-PM.png

Edited by AntsGodzilla, September 21 2024 - 5:14 PM.

I keep:

Tetramorium Immigrans

Dionea (fly trap)                                                                                                                                                        Sarracenia x 'Fiona' ( American Pitcher plant)

Nepenthese ventrata (Tropical Pitcher plant                                                                                                             Pinguicula agnata x emarginata (Butterwort) 

#3 Offline evanmancini2011 - Posted September 21 2024 - 5:13 PM

evanmancini2011

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationParker Colorado

Wow that looks like a very well done outworld! Great Job!

• AntsGodzilla likes this

#4 Offline AntsGodzilla - Posted September 21 2024 - 5:15 PM

AntsGodzilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Thanks!

I keep:

Tetramorium Immigrans

#5 Offline bmb1bee - Posted September 21 2024 - 5:17 PM

bmb1bee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • LocationHayward, CA

I'd recommend keeping them in a tube until more workers mature, since an outworld of that size might be a bit large for them. Plus, the colony could move under the nest if there's enough of a gap to do so.

"Float like a butterfly sting like a bee, his eyes can't hit what the eyes can't see."
- Muhammad Ali

Check out my shop and parasitic Lasius journal! Discord user is bmb1bee if you'd like to chat.

Also check out my YouTube channel: @bmb1bee

#6 Offline AntsGodzilla - Posted September 21 2024 - 6:35 PM

AntsGodzilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

They've tried to get under the nest, but the queens are too big and only the smallest workers fit. But I'll take the test tube into consideration. 

I keep:

Tetramorium Immigrans

#7 Offline GOCAMPONOTUS - Posted Yesterday, 12:39 PM

GOCAMPONOTUS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • LocationRocklin,CA

Hi, this is the start of my Monomorium Ergatogyna colony! 
I just caught them today, under a rock in my backyard. 
The reason I didn't capture all of them is because I enjoy watching the chains they form in my yard.

IMG-9732.jpg

IMG-9733.jpg

If you are getting a wild colony you should get all the workers and brood you can.

• AntsTx likes this

Currently keeping: 2 C.vicinus colonies.2 C.sansabeanus. 1 C.leavissimus. 2 C.Ca02. 1 V.pergandei. 4 T.immigrans.1 F.pacifica. 1 C.hyatti

1 M.ergatognya

Trying to get my hands on :C.modoc,A.vercicolor, and Any Honeypots

#8 Offline AntsGodzilla - Posted Yesterday, 1:37 PM

AntsGodzilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I'll go back some more  :)

Edit: Yay 200 posts!

Edited by AntsGodzilla, Yesterday, 1:37 PM.

I keep:

Tetramorium Immigrans

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monomorium ergatogyna, journal, antsgodzilla

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users