• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

cooIboyJ's Solenopsis invicta journal

solenopsis invicta

83 replies to this topic

#81 Offline cooIboyJ - Posted October 8 2024 - 2:13 PM

cooIboyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Locationhenderson NV

One of the queens is dead now!!!! The other is not harmed at all. Also, I now have a major!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :lol: I was shining my phone light on the test tube to see inside and out of the hole in the dirt where the queen and brood are, a major came out! I saw the major a couple days after the ants ate up a whole mealworm (large size, but I don't think that the meal worm was fully grown). The major has not come out of the test tube yet.

“You’ll survive” -wise man.
Currently keeping:
Brachymyrmex patagonicus

Solenopsis invicta

Crematogaster sp.

#82 Offline AntsGodzilla - Posted October 8 2024 - 2:34 PM

AntsGodzilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

That's awesome! Majors of any species are great.

I keep:

Pogonomyrmex Rugosus journal
Myrmecocystus Deplisis journal
Monomorium ergatogyn Journal

And many Carnivorous plants such as:

Dionea (fly trap), Sarracenia x 'Fiona' ( American Pitcher plant), Nepenthese ventrata (Tropical Pitcher plant), and Pinguicula agnata x emarginata (Butterwort) 

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores it's provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. Proverbs 6: 6-8

I will become the #1 top poster

#83 Offline GOCAMPONOTUS - Posted October 8 2024 - 2:38 PM

GOCAMPONOTUS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationRocklin,CA

One of the queens is dead now!!!! The other is not harmed at all. Also, I now have a major!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :lol: I was shining my phone light on the test tube to see inside and out of the hole in the dirt where the queen and brood are, a major came out! I saw the major a couple days after the ants ate up a whole mealworm (large size, but I don't think that the meal worm was fully grown). The major has not come out of the test tube yet.

Could it be a media at this size?

Currently keeping: 2 C.vicinus colonies.2 C.sansabeanus. 1 C.leavissimus. 2 C.Ca02. 1 V.pergandei. 4 T.immigrans.1 F.pacifica. 1 C.hyatti

1 M.ergatognya

Trying to get my hands on :C.modoc,A.vercicolor, and Any Honeypots

#84 Offline AntsTx - Posted October 8 2024 - 3:36 PM

AntsTx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Could it be a media at this size?

Could be. I hade some sad-looking "majors" at 30 workers

• cooIboyJ likes this

Currently Keeping:

Camponotus texanus x2                                             Pheidole obtusospinosa - Pupae

Camponotus vicinus - 15-20 workers                         Solenopsis xyloni x7 - Batch of eggs

Camponotus pennsylvanicus - 75-85 workers           Pheidole lamia - Batch of eggs

Crematogaster lineolata x4 - 40-50 workers

Dorymyrmex bureni - 3 workers

Solenopsis invicta - 10000-15000 workers

Formica spp. - 5 workers

Pogonomyrmex occidentalis x2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: solenopsis, invicta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users