• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

NotAxo's C. vitiosus Journal

camponotus vitiosus colony ants notaxo journal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline NotAxo - Posted August 2 2024 - 10:14 PM

NotAxo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationKerala, India

C. vitiosus 01 :

Hello everyone,

I’m pleased to share an update on my ant colony’s progress. The queen has successfully transitioned past the founding stage and now has 2 nanitics (young worker ants). I’m expecting the arrival of another nanitic soon.

To support their development, I provided a small amount of sugar water, which they eagerly consumed. I previously maintained a colony of this species, which grew to 25 workers, so I’m optimistic about the potential for this new colony.

Feel free to check out the photo below to see the latest developments :

IMG_0001.JPG

I anticipate that the C. vitiosus 02 colony will have their first nanitic either this week or next. Once that happens, I'll be sure to move them here!

Currently raising : C. Parius (2x), C. Vitiosus (2x), Carebara Diversa (1x), C. irratians (2x), M. brunnea (1x)

Have raised : Solenopsis

Enjoy anting, NotAxo :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: camponotus, vitiosus, colony, ants, notaxo, journal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users