• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

2024 Arizona monsoon anting

monsoon arizona anting camponotus myrmecocystus novomessor crematogaster

22 replies to this topic

#21 Offline GOCAMPONOTUS - Posted August 24 2024 - 9:28 AM

GOCAMPONOTUS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationRocklin,CA

In awe!

• mbullock42086, cooIboyJ and antlover18 like this

Currently keeping: 2 C.vicinus colonies.2 C.sansabeanus. 1 C.leavissimus. 2 C.Ca02. 1 V.pergandei. 4 T.immigrans.1 F.pacifica. 1 C.hyatti

1 M.ergatognya

Trying to get my hands on :C.modoc,A.vercicolor, and Any Honeypots

#22 Offline ANTdrew - Posted August 24 2024 - 1:26 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,751 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Wow! Just don’t overload yourself.
  • mbullock42086 and cooIboyJ like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#23 Offline mbullock42086 - Posted August 24 2024 - 3:01 PM

mbullock42086

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Wow! Just don’t overload yourself.

the cool thing is this is a polygynous population so I'm cramming a bunch of queens together.  current count is 365 with many left to go.  i def caught more than 400 queens! been making enclosures for them since 8am lol

EDIT-  Final count of queens collected-  683

that was from a mere hour or so of collection.  it literally took all day long to sort the queens from all the males.  

the total number of males is similar to the females, since they were mostly in copula as i collected them, so the total of acromyrmex is well over 1200 specimens.

Dang i need to sell a bunch of these lmao

Edited by mbullock42086, August 24 2024 - 9:35 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monsoon, arizona, anting, camponotus, myrmecocystus, novomessor, crematogaster

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users