• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

41 replies to this topic

#41 Online cooIboyJ - Posted September 3 2024 - 3:05 PM

cooIboyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Locationhenderson NV

I caught a small colony of Brachymyrmex patagonicus under a brick and have recently moved them into a terrarium of mine. The colony has about 7-9 workers and 1 queen.

I also have a colony (a few actually) of brachymyrmex patagonicus. :lol:
  • TheAntKid likes this

“You’ll survive” -wise man.
Currently keeping:
Brachymyrmex patagonicus

Solenopsis invicta

Crematogaster sp.

#42 Offline TheAntKid - Posted September 6 2024 - 8:21 AM

TheAntKid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

I recently caught a Hypoponera queen and put her in a Petri dish settup with a foraging area and nest space:

photo_4_2024-09-06_12-16-45.jpg

photo_1_2024-09-06_12-16-45.jpg photo_2_2024-09-06_12-16-45.jpg

I combined all of the host colonies that I made from the Lasius colony I caught:

photo_3_2024-09-06_12-16-45.jpg

• cooIboyJ likes this
Formica incerta 1x "The Golden Gasters"
Lasius sp. Host colony 100+ workers
Strumigenys sp. colony 1-2 queens, 5-6 workers 1x

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: camponotus nearcitus, camponotus chromaiodes, camponotus pennsylvanicus, rifa, solenopsis invicta, nylanderia, tetramorium caespitum, pavement ant, carpenter ant, forelius pruinosus

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users