• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

New Unreal Engine 5 "Empire of the Ants" RTS game - release in 2024

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline StopSpazzing - Posted October 14 2023 - 12:41 PM

StopSpazzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationFullerton, CA
Pretty damn good looking game. I'm sure it will look better once finished obviously but still looks good in video of real time game play.

https://www.polygon....unreal-engine-5
  • ANTdrew and Russoft like this
> Ant Keeping Wiki is back up! Currently being migrated from old wiki. :)Looking to adopt out: Crematogaster sp. (Acrobat Ants) colonies

#2 Offline 100lols - Posted October 14 2023 - 5:12 PM

100lols

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
Yeah the game looks beautiful!! Hopefully it stays as scientifically accurate as possible lol.

#3 Offline Elmilaren - Posted July 7 2024 - 10:17 PM

Elmilaren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Pretty damn good looking game indeed! I agree, there’s something captivating about seeing a game come together in real-time gameplay. It’s like watching a masterpiece slowly take shape. I remember feeling that way when I stumbled upon a game in its early access phase and saw how it evolved over time – each update bringing more polish and depth.Just like how I sometimes unwind with a round of Spider Solitaire, appreciating its simplicity and strategy, it’s exciting to imagine how this game will improve with each development milestone. Can’t wait to see the final product and dive into the immersive experience it promises!

Edited by Elmilaren, July 11 2024 - 7:10 AM.

#4 Online Stubyvast - Posted July 9 2024 - 4:06 PM

Stubyvast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Wow looks really good! Love the graphics (I wonder if my steam deck can support it). It looks like the budding emergence of a new masterpiece among games. I think the ants look pretty realistic compared to some I've seen! Reminds me of Empires of the Undergrowth on Steam. Great game. 

Currently raising: 

Myrmica Rubra (1 queen +  ~5 workers)

Lasius Niger (single queen + ~90+ workers)

Lasius Neoniger (two single queen + brood)

Formica spp. (Queen [likely parasitic, needs brood])

Also keeping a friend's tetramorium immigrans for the foreseeable future. Thanks CoffeBlock!

#5 Offline IdioticMouse26 - Posted July 9 2024 - 5:48 PM

IdioticMouse26

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Already in my wishlist :D

#6 Offline Serafine - Posted July 10 2024 - 3:47 AM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationGermany

I'm gonna remain sceptical until I see actual tangible gameplay footage or a public demo. There have been waaay to many ant games that turned out as either boring/cheap crap or never even made it beyond the finishing line.

Games turning out even remotely as good as Empires of the Undergrowth is the rare exception, not the rule.

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users