• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

NPLT Ant Journal

myrmica sp. journal camponotus fallax osmia rufa manica rubida cthonolasius formica rufibarbis

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#101 Offline NPLT - Posted August 3 2024 - 6:01 PM

NPLT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationPiaseczno, Poland

Hello, long time no see, I have a very sad update. My Myrmica colony is likely moribund. Since they had their very big escape something must've been wrong with their watering system but they managed to hang on so well that I haven't noticed that, and it seems that this year's summer heats have exacerbated that to  the point where their numbers have dropped sharply and not many ants remain. I will attempt to perform an extraction into a smaller nest of the ants that remain via aspirator and cooling them, but I do not have high hopes.

Formica and Camponotus are fine, thankfully.

Edited by NPLT, August 3 2024 - 6:03 PM.

Um, uh, Ants!

link to journal: https://www.formicul...lt-ant-journal/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: myrmica sp., journal, camponotus fallax, osmia rufa, manica rubida, cthonolasius, formica rufibarbis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users