• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Leo's Ant Journal (updated 12-06-2024)

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Ernteameise - Posted July 13 2024 - 1:16 AM

Ernteameise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationGermany

I always find the size differences between the different castes of Carebara amazing!

• Leo likes this

#82 Offline Leo - Posted July 19 2024 - 4:58 AM

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

19/07/2024

Paratopula bauhinia - 8mm

Tubs and tubes

1 Queen, ~30 workers

Quick update! There may still be hope for the Paratopula bauhinia colony. I recently spotted a single dealate queen buried under a pile of workers, and there are some small larvae. I think the dealate I found dead may have been one of the many alates which died, and lost its wings due to rot or some other factor. Either way, praying that the dealate is indeed the original queen and that the colony may live on

Strumigenys mitis - ~1.3mm

Tube of soil

? Queens, ? workers

Consider this a bit of a last update of sorts on this species, as I have transferred the entire colony into one of my terrariums. I see workers wandering the surface very now and again, but I do not plan on digging this colony up, and they can subsist off of the springtails living in the terrarium (it doubles as an isopod culture, and bits of fruit and food are supplied regularly to help the springtails grow faster).

• Karma and Demoant like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users