• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

47 replies to this topic

#41 Offline ANTdrew - Posted July 12 2022 - 5:21 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Welcome back!
  • RushmoreAnts, Ants_Dakota, ZTYguy and 2 others like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#42 Online Ants_Dakota - Posted June 24 2023 - 6:16 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

Added Lasius neoniger and Lasius brevicornis to the shop page. Hopefully I can get some decent pictures sometime.

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My Nationwide Ant Shop Here I have PPQ-526 permits to ship Lasius nationwide!

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

My Lasius sp. Journal

My Micro Ants Journal

#43 Online Ants_Dakota - Posted July 22 2023 - 8:44 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

Formica cf. ravida have been added! This is a great opporitunity for south dakotan ant keepers to get their hands on elusive formica parasitic queens!

• ANTdrew likes this

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

My Lasius sp. Journal

My Micro Ants Journal

#44 Online Ants_Dakota - Posted September 4 2024 - 9:00 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

New Listings: 9/4/2024

Lasius neoniger
Size: Medium
Stinging: No
Hibernation required: Yes
Experience level: Beginner

Notes: Hardy, native ants to the great plains of South Dakota. Easy care, will grow as fast as you feed them!

Available

1 queen, brood (comes in a test tube) - $15

P9020208.JPG
P8180081.JPG

Lasius brevicornis
Size: Medium
Stinging: No
Experience level: Intermediate

Notes: Beautifully light, pale orange ants. Workers are shy and development can be slow.
Available

3 queens, brood (comes in a test tube) - $25

P9020210.JPG
P8180074.JPG
P8180073.JPG

Solenopsis molesta

Size: Tiny

Stinging: Yes(cannot puncture skin)
Experience level: Beginner

Notes: Tiny ravenous eating machines! Grow super fast and are a joy to watch, but you need a secure formicarium!
Available

3 queens, brood (comes in a test tube) - $20

Edited by Ants_Dakota, September 4 2024 - 10:19 AM.

• ANTdrew and RushmoreAnts like this

My Lasius sp. Journal

My Micro Ants Journal

#45 Online Ants_Dakota - Posted September 13 2024 - 1:44 PM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

Good afternoon ant-keepers.
I am very excited to announce I have PPQ-526 permits to ship Lasius species listed on my shop nationwide! I know there are others that sell these species, but south dakota has some pretty unique genetics in queens, such as the ability for them to lay eggs before diapause, ensuring a quicker start to a new colony (my Lasius neoniger and americanus have larvae already). Also, it supports a small business! If you are interested in something from my shop, please PM me and respond to this post, I would love to talk to you about the ants! I can even let you pick out your colony from the ones I have. Here are the states I can currently ship them too.

Lasius neoniger

Lasius brevicornis

• RushmoreAnts and UtahAnts like this

My Lasius sp. Journal

My Micro Ants Journal

#46 Offline ANTdrew - Posted September 14 2024 - 2:33 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
It’s funny you can ship to MD and NC, but not Virginia. I can basically see Maryland from my backyard.
  • Ants_Dakota likes this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#47 Online Ants_Dakota - Posted September 14 2024 - 7:06 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

It’s funny you can ship to MD and NC, but not Virginia. I can basically see Maryland from my backyard.

I know it is funny. I'm still waiting for more states to confirm my application, and will update this accordingly.

My Lasius sp. Journal

My Micro Ants Journal

#48 Online Ants_Dakota - Posted September 16 2024 - 1:59 PM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

Eight new states have approved PPQ-526 permits for me to ship Lasius to them! There is a limited amount of time to get your colonies before winter closes down South Dakota  :cold: . The new maps are attached below:

Lasius neoniger

Lasius_neoniger.png

Lasius brevicornis

Lasius_brevicornis.png

• ANTdrew, RushmoreAnts and eea like this

My Lasius sp. Journal

My Micro Ants Journal

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ants-dakota, ant buying, ants for sale, south dakota, ants-dakota ant shop, ant shop, antsdakota, lasius neoniger, lasius brevicornis, formica ravida, dakotan ants, ants in south dakota, solenopsis molesta

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users