• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Id request Lasius I think very tiny ants.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted July 27 2020 - 4:48 PM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Virginia
Need help with id’ing this queen with workers. Caught in my backyard they are part of a big colony I’m planning to collect more workers and eggs tomorrow. And they are in a 10 mm wide test tube if that helps any so they are about 2,3 or 4 mm long.
0C0FE5A6-501E-4B80-B2AA-0B3E6C4B45FF.jpeg 01F092DE-489D-467F-87D4-DDFD1B9525F4.jpeg 2584376C-3418-478E-9350-513D9BF904DB.jpeg 36B5E41A-90F0-4037-9430-445DED6128BC.jpeg 4A134C9C-D8FD-4EC8-A1E2-97433FB4C04C.jpeg
We don’t talk about that

#2 Online ANTdrew - Posted July 27 2020 - 4:56 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,893 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Looks like Tapinoma sessile.
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#3 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted July 27 2020 - 5:09 PM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
Thank you drew would you think a queen from a different colony would work together with that colony. Also Tapinoma sessile are that small?
We don’t talk about that

#4 Online ANTdrew - Posted July 27 2020 - 5:11 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,893 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
They are highly polygynous and some of the smallest ants around.
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#5 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted July 27 2020 - 5:13 PM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
Oh ok I really didn’t know that too bad they are not lasius I would’ve been suuuuuper happy, because I would trade any of my ants except my subbarbatus colony for lasius.
  • AntsBrooklyn likes this
We don’t talk about that

#6 Offline AntsBrooklyn - Posted July 27 2020 - 10:55 PM

AntsBrooklyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Unfortunately, she passed away overnight.

Thank you all for your help!

I will be starting my ant hobby with Tetramorium and Pheilode starter colonies, from a friend.

#7 Offline Antkid12 - Posted July 28 2020 - 2:55 AM

Antkid12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationFairfax, Virginia

Unfortunately, she passed away overnight.

Thank you all for your help!

I will be starting my ant hobby with Tetramorium and Pheilode starter colonies, from a friend.

Wrong thread?

Ants I have: Tapinoma sessile(2 queen colony). RED MORPH Camponotus neacticus(now has pupae!), Tetramorium immigrans (x3), Aphaenogaster sp, Temnothorax sp, Brachymyrmex sp.   possibly infertile   :(,  Ponera pennsylvanica, and Pheidole morrisi!  :yahoo: 

Other insects: Polistes sp. Queen

Ants I need: Pheidole sp., Trachymyrmex sp., Crematogaster cerasi , Dorymyrmex sp. Most wanted: Pheidole morrisii

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users