• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Slave raider species?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted August 27 2019 - 1:13 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Sadly she has died. I don't know if she wasnt fertile or if it was something I did. She had water and I gave her a drop of honey and a PC of meal worm that she ate most off. If I find another space raider special I'm not going to try to raise one unless I have had months of studying and everything I need for sure.
I know someone made a post asking for preserved specimens I will try to find the poster of it and see if he would like her for there collection.

Yes I guarantee Ferox_Formicae will love to have her.

#22 Offline Manitobant - Posted August 27 2019 - 2:01 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Sadly she has died. I don't know if she wasnt fertile or if it was something I did. She had water and I gave her a drop of honey and a PC of meal worm that she ate most off. If I find another space raider special I'm not going to try to raise one unless I have had months of studying and everything I need for sure.
I know someone made a post asking for preserved specimens I will try to find the poster of it and see if he would like her for there collection.

you know she needed host workers and can't survive without them right? Also, polyergus are unable to eat without assistance from slaves according to my knowledge.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users